— wood wall panelling
A good start is half the work. So before you install your wood wall panelling, you better prepare the walls correctly. We will guide you step by step through this important phase.
Ideal circumstances for installation
To guarantee an optimal and sustainable result, you place the wood wall panelling in the right circumstances. Therefore, keep the following conditions in mind:
- Only use the wall aesthetic panels inhouse, after all the exterior doors and windows are already placed.
- Moisture-enhancing work - such as concrete, masonry and plastering work - has been done and sufficiently dried out.
- The rooms where the wood wall panelling will be installed, have been acclimated for at least 14 days with temperatures between 15 and 24°C and humidity between 40 and 65%.
- Check the moisture content of the wall you will use and register the test results.
— the basic wall
Our wood wall panelling for interior is applicable on diverse surfaces. Although minor unevenness can be overcome, ideally you should work on flat walls. Check if the walls are clean, dry and free of loose material or debris. In addition, they should be able to support the weight of the wall panel and any supporting structure.
To prepare the wall for installation, go through a few more steps:
1. Check that the walls run level from ceiling to floor.
2. Mark out a plumb line on the wall, as a guide for straight placement of the wood wall panelling. Use a laser to determine your starting position, with horizontal and vertical lines.
3. Paint the background walls with black paint, so that any gaps will be less noticeable afterwards.
Are you wondering how to tackle your specific basic wall? Check the below foldable menu.
— basic wall
Concrete basic walls should be dry, for at least 60 days, before you coat them with Lalegno Wall Esthetics. That way you can be sure they are fully cured. Check if the wall is dry, smooth, flat and that there are no signs of structural defaults. Keep these rules in mind:
- Differences in height should not exceed 5mm over a length of 3.000 mm or 3mm at a radius of 1.800 mm.
- The concrete must be completely free of paint, oil, adhesive residues, wax, grease, dirt, ... Are there still impurities? Remove them mechanically or chemically, but definitely do not use solvent-based strippers. This way you can be sure of good adhesion to the wall.
- Install the Wall Esthetics panels only on walls without moisture problems.
— basic wall
Brick base walls should be structurally sound, with no loose parts. Remove any paint, oil, adhesive residue, wax, grease, dirt, ... chemically or mechanically. Be sure not to use strippers with solvents. These can counteract proper adhesion. Are the general tolerances of masonry respected? Then you can expect an effective bond and neat finish.
— basic walls
Wood base walls should be properly nailed or screwed with countersunk nails and screws. Check that the wood base wall is structurally sound, level and dry. Keep in mind some important guidelines:
- No planks, vinyl, tile, OSB board or plywood should be loose.
- Height differences should not exceed 5 mm over a length of 3,000 mm or 3 mm at a radius of 1,800 mm.
- Before you begin installation, the wall should have a maximum moisture content of 12%.
- Chipboard is not suitable for a glued installation.
— basic walls
Lalegno Wall Esthetics panels are installable on ceramic tile and other hard surfaces that are dry, structurally sound and flat. The surface must be even, flat and dry. In addition, they must not contain paint, oil, existing adhesives, wax, grease or dirt. Sand ceramic tiles to ensure adhesion.
— the wood panels
Wood is a living material. So before you install the wood wall panelling, let it acclimate to its new environment. You do this by allowing the wall panels in their packaging to acclimate for 72 hours in the room where you will install them.
So, now you're ready to install your wood wall panelling=;